Air Source Heat Pump Vampair
Silent and high efficient air source heat pump in next generation design
The correct selection of the heating system is an important decision that will have an impact for many years. With an air source heat pump you can heat cost-effectively, especially in new buildings and where low heating flow temperatures are used.
How does it work?
The function of a heat pump is similar to that of a refrigerator, but reversed. vampair is using ambient air as a heat source and transfers it through the heat pump cycle to the heating water.
- Inverter technology – instantly and on demand
- Enhanced vapour injection – boosts power at low outdoor temperatures (down to -22°C)
- Intelligent and powerful control unit
- Heating, cooling and domestic hot water production
- Extremely high efficient – A+++ according to existing standard
Innovative technical solutions which convince!
SOLARFOCUS designed the air source heat pump vampair to work in different climate conditions. Long term testing in the in-house climate chamber and large field test were made to cope with all different climates across Europe.
An air source heat pump which is designed and equipped with the inverter technology is modulating the heat output wright on demand. So if the ambient air temperature changes the heat demand of the building changes as well. This changes heat demand leads to an adapted heat output of the vampair due to modulating the fan speed and compressor speed. With the inverter technology you get precise power adjustment for every season in the year and therefore a highly cost effective operation of your equipment.
One additional side effect of this technology is that it provides as well a drown noise reduction to owner and neighbours. Disturbing and expensive start-stops are reduced to its minimum or completely avoided. This level of confer is not possible to get with any other established technology.
As well hot water is generated on demand at a high level of efficiency and for a fraction of the cost when generated with an immersion heater.
The benefits are:
- No uneconomic Start-Stops of the heat pump
- Perfect and accurate power adjustment at all seasons in the year
- lowest running cost for heating
- additional noise reduction in comparison to any other heat pumps
- and from experience therefore no problems with your neighbour!
Enhanced vapour injection (EVI) for low outside temperatures even down to -22°C
Enhanced vapour injection increases the efficiency, while the power requirement is reduced at the same time. Thus higher flow temperatures and higher heating output (
especially at low ambient temperatures) are possible for the same unit size. Furthermore, the compression temperature is reduced, increasing the life of the compressor.
- An efficient heat pump can be recognised in high performance figures even at low outside temperatures. For example the vampair reaches at an outside temperature of 2°C a coefficient of performance (COP) of 4.37. Even at -7°C the heat pump reaches a COP of 3.51 with heating water flow temperatures of 35°C.
one of the biggest advantages and what you can recognise easily as inexperienced end-user is the difference in noise levels of air source heat pumps. Depending on used components there are huge differences between air source heat pump models. The vampair is one of the most silent models available on the market. This difference is based in the measures taken in order to avoid or minimise unpleasant air noise and turbulence.
The vampair has the following equipment for lowest noise emissions:
- Radial-Axial fan with exceptional blade geometry and EC-motor (electronically commutative) guarantees lowest noise emission
- together with a generous dimension vaporiser with hydrophilic coating
- and noise absorbing fins
All these measures lead to an absolute silent and pleasant air source heat pump.
Cooling during summer
- The compact vampair provides the possibility of cooling the facillities as well. Due to the weather forecast ability an overheating of the property is avoided and additional energy expenses for cooling are minimised.
- If it gets still too hot in the building then the heating cycle is being changed into a cooling cycle and is so extracting heat out of the room into the ambience. This is only possible if the room heating is via an underfloor heating, wall heating or any kind of large panal heating.